What makes a motorcycle helmet cool? We all know that it’s supposed to protect your skull against deadly injuries, but it’s also supposed to make you look good. A good motorcycle helmet completes a great motorcycle outfit like a tie completes a suit.
Screen legend and racing enthusiast Steve McQueen thought so. That’s why he had his own personal collection of motorcycle helmets. He even wore them in some films. While you can’t exactly get those models now, there are plenty of cool motorcycle helmets on the market today.
Here is a list of the coolest motorcycle helmets in 2019.
The AUTOPDR looks and sounds like a helmet for the soldier of the future. It looks like it’s designed to take heavy fire. There are UV-protected goggles built into the ABS shell. The shell itself is lightweight at just 2.8 pounds.
Since this is a helmet designed for heavy duty, it’s also meant to fit comfortably on your head. The design is simple with a black theme and blue tinted goggles. It even features a badge at the top. It’s one of the coolest motorcycle helmets in 2019.
- UV-protected goggles ward off bugs and dust as well as the sun
- Adjustable belts for the best fit
- The full-face design that covers every inch may feel a bit restricting
If ever you’ve seen a helmet designed for high-speed enthusiasts, this is it. The color scheme itself shows that this helmet is for the hardcore raers. Not only is it lightweight, but it’s also extremely tough. The quick-release button keeps the helmet in place and easy to take off.
The visor also features a glossy, UV-protected finish and keeps the sun out of your eyes. The thermoplastic alloy shell also keeps the helmet stable at high speeds.
- Eight ventilation opening system for great airflow
- Quick release design for easy removal
- Great cushioning from the inside
- Heavy at 4.0 pounds
NENKI ‘Iron Man’ Helmet
The NENKI Iron Man helmet caters to a very specific demographic: Marvel fans. While that doesn’t make up the majority of the population these days, it’s still an enthusiast product. If you want to complete the Iron Man look, look no further than this.
It features a dual visor system and is laced with iridium which reflects sunlight. It also has multiple vents for great air flow. The red and gold color scheme is incredibly flashy, but when you buy a helmet like this, you want to show it off.
- The great design makes you stand out in a crowd
- The dual visor system helps protect against the sun
- The inner liner can be removed and washed
- A very light helmet at 1.0 pounds
- Not a product geared towards everyone
- May wobble at high speeds
Sometimes you just want a no nonsense helmet that can look good and get the job done. You don’t want flashy colors or a groundbreaking design, but something that will stay on and look awesome. The LS2 is just what you’re looking for.
The face shield alone is worth the money. It’s scratch-resistant and is laced with a fog fighting chemical. Hence, if you’re used to riding out into the night on foggy days, you won’t get any mist build up. The sun shield also comes with a button. The chin strap is also easy to secure and take off, using a quick-release action.
- The fabric lining is removable for washing
- The fog-fighting chemicals avoid mist and thus improve visibility
- The lining is removable and washable
- Pretty heavy helmet at 4 pounds
Scorpion Street Helmet
The Scorpion Street is a helmet that does more with less. Its great paintjob mixed with its minimalist design is a perfect combination. The face shield is jet black from the outside, shielding your eyes from the son. It’s also laced with EverClear which prevents it fogging up.
The interior includes KwikWick liner fabric which prevents moisture build up and bacterial build-up. It’s also comfortable to wear.
- Very comfortable to wear because of the cheek pads
- The black and blue color scheme is incredibly stylish
- One of the heavier helmets that are on this list with a weight of 4.8 pounds
- There is no fog face shield
Honestly, this one is for predator enthusiasts. Whether you like the classic or any of the inferior sequels that followed it, you will love this helmet. The design is retro and it looks like it came out of the 80s. The hand-painted, custom-made helmet is a limited edition.
What’s more is that it includes a fiberglass shell and a retractable visor with a tinted finish. There is an included laser which has a toggle switch. You can’t use it to take out your opponents, however.
This one will help you out even if you don’t “GET TO THE CHOPPER!” That makes it a candidate for one of the top 10 motorcycle helmets in 2019.
- One of the lightest helmets out there at 1.0 pounds
- Very comfortable
- Great design for retro fans of the predator franchise
- Impractical design for day-to-day use
- Though designed for durability, it’s not a very practical one for racing
Vega Open Face Helmet
This is for the open-face design enthusiasts. The retro design and the 1960s look are just the icing on the cake. The cold war imagery brings home a lot of nostalgia. There are a total of five designs you can choose from, including a glossy black look. No matter what you choose here, you’re going to look great.
The ABS thermoplastic alloy shell keeps your head cushioned while you throw caution to the wind. Despite the great protection it affords, this helmet is very lightweight at 2.15 pounds.
- The anti-microbial lining protects you from infections and disease
- The fit of the helmet rests low on the head, giving you plenty of cushioning
- The lightweight design leaves your head in comfort
- The helmet’s open face design leaves you open to injuries
1Storm Modular Helmet
If something is minimalistic and futuristic, it’s usually cool. That’s the case with the 1Storm modular helmet. Its visor immediately gives off the effect of being from the future or like you’ve entered the world of Tron. That alone makes it one of the coolest motorcycle helmets in 2019.
It doesn’t just come in one color though. You can choose between white, black, green, orange, red, etc. It’s also made out of thermoplastics which are designed to absorb shock. It makes the helmet especially adept at remaining stable at high speeds. The visor also has a glossy UV-protected finish so the sun will stay out of your eyes.
- The dual lens design allows it to adjust visibility levels
- The UV finish keeps the sun out of your eyes
- The padding inside is removable and washable
- It’s not the lightest helmet at 4 pounds
Some of the colors don’t look as good as the pure white does with the visor
TORC Route 66 Helmet with Rebel Star Emblem
This is the helmet that racing enthusiast and screen legend Steve McQueen would’ve worn if he were alive today. It’s an all American design, and has a retro feel to it. It reminds you of the good old days of the 60s and 70s. More than that, it reminds you of the daredevils of old that used to risk it all.
Though the strappings may be old, this helmet is a completely modern design. It passes modern DOT standards and is a very practical helmet for racing. It’s shock absorbent and can disperse shock and impact energy very easily. It has a detachable visor which you can remove if you want to. Its suede lining, resembling real leather, can keep your face dry, and absorb moisture.
- Moisture absorbent suede lining keeps face dry
- Shock absorbent design
- Retro look
- Half helmet leaves face exposed in certain instances
- Not the lightest helmet, at 3 pounds heavy
Woljay Leather Half Helmet
This one looks a bit like the old helmets WWI veterans used to wear, or the ones in old Cartoon Network shows. It’s homage to the old drag racing derbies, chin straps and all. The high grade artificial leather doesn’t hurt either and the incredible feeling that comes with it just sweetens the deal.
Bear in mind that the helmet maybe incredibly cool, but doesn’t provide the same level of protection as the others. The helmet is half faced and relies on cranial protection more than that of the face. It’s a helmet that’s more for show than for function. It’s something that you can wear when you’re on a pleasant ride rather than racing.
That being said, it’s not exactly a slouch at head protection. It’s not like you won’t survive a blow to the head while wearing this. Its construction with strong ABS material makes it one tough nut to crack.
The Woljay leather half helmet can best be summarized as a high grade fabric helmet that brims with nostalgia. It’s more a novelty item than a functional helmet, and it was designed that way. This is something you can use to stand out in a crowd and carve your own identity. It can also help you blend in at a Halloween party.
- High grade fabric design
- Strong ABS material
- Retro Design
- Half helmet which doesn’t protect the face
- More for fashion than function
This list is full of cool helmets for enthusiasts and general motorcycle riders alike. You shouldn’t have any problem picking out one that suits your vibe.